SIRCA ROSSA Anti-algal Weather Proof is a water-based, 100% Acrylic smooth Emulsion with silicon additives that offer an anti-algal and high-performance exterior wall ﬁnish.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE:
PLASTER The masonry surface to work on should be treated and well cured before starting the process of Sirca Rossa Anti-Algal Weather Proof Acrylic Smooth Finish treatment. Better to allow a gap of 28 days before the process.
CLEANING Surface should be free from any loose paint, dust or grease. Growth of fungus, algae or moss should be removed by wire brushing and water. In case of areas having excessive dampness use SIRCA Paints Damp Block to limit further dampness. Even after cleaning if the surface shows chalkiness, use SIRCA Paints Primer to get an even surface.
FILLING FOR CRACKS 3mm SIRCA Paints Crack Seal could be used for the ﬁllers.
FILLING FOR HOLES & DENTS In case of dents and holes use SIRCA Paints Acrylic Wall Putty or white cement and ﬁne sand in the ratio 1:3. SIRCA ROSSA should not be applied on surfaces/substrates that are subjected to continuous seepage or dampness.
- For best performance ensure that the surface is dry. On moisture meter it should be under the green zone. In case it is in Red zone, ﬁnd out the source of water and address it before painting. pH of wall to be below 12, if higher use of SIRCA Primer recommended.
- Thinned paint should be consumed within 24 hrs of dilution. Accordingly it is recommended to thin down only necessary amount of paint. Post 24 hrs thinned paint may be susceptible for microbial attack.
- Ensure not to use Chlorinated water for dilution.
POST PAINTING CARE
For the best performance of the paint, ensure proper washing of the painting surface and cleaning of all algal and fungal growth, if any, at regular intervals of six months.
- Do not apply when ambient temperature is less than 10°C or if the temperature might drop to this level within 4 hours of application.
- Do not over-thin or over-extend the brush.
- Tint using machine colourants only.
Stir well and strain before use.
- Tinted paints need thorough shaking immediately after tinter addition as well as before use. For extremely rough surface including textures, application by brush is recommended to ensure all the grooves are covered well.
- Paint will not cover existing cracks, proper care to be taken to ensure the cracks are ﬁlled ﬁrst and then topcoat is applied.
- For surfaces having heavy algal infestation, proper cleaning followed by application of BIO BLOCK is mandated.
- Primer coat or only one coat of topcoat should not be kept exposed in monsoon. Complete application before monsoon to be ensured.
- Specially in pre-monsoon season, horizontal surface to be coated ﬁrst and then vertical. This will help reduce the streak marks of algal growth if any.